Saturday, 26 March 2011

Day 26 - 30 Day Music Challenge

A song you can play on an instrument...

Considering I haven't really played an instrument for 20 years I'm really going to be pushing it on this one. That said I did get a Yamaha keyboard for Christmas and I've played....no played is probably not the right word..banged the keys?... a couple of times since then.

I've got a fairly easy book called 'Pop go the Classics' (not that 'easy' makes me any more likely to be able to play it!) which features music that has been used in films and adverts. My current favourite way to torture the neighbours is to attempt this...

Air on the G String by JS Bach (otherwise known as 'Hamlet Cigars')



What song can/could you play?

6 comments:

Quillers said...

At least you've got a proper keyboard. When this part of the challenge arrives on my blog, I talk about playing Telstar on my Stylophone. Which you're far too young to remember!

Bernadette said...

I tried to learn various instrumenst when I was younger and was always rubbish/too lazy.

However, I do have a drum kit which I persevered with for several weeks and did manage to bash out the drum riff bit from Itchycoo Park (it lasts about 3 seconds). Not sure I could still do it though.

womagwriter said...

Memories, from Cats. And Nights in White Satin, from my Sixties song book.

I learned piano to grade 6, and still have a piano though these days it's more of a poorly designed filing cabinet than an instrument.

Karen said...

I can manage Buddy Holly's 'Hearbeat' on the guitar - just about!

I really want to get better at it actually, you've just reminded me ...

Cally said...

Quillers - I had a Stylophone too! Think it was a Rolf Harris one. Loved it!

Bernadette - A drum kit?! You dark horse. Brilliant :)

Womag - Am jealous of your grade 6 achievement. I only passed Grade 1 (was too nervous in Grade 2 and failed!) but continued to play up to Grade 4 pieces but never took another piano exam!

Karen - Oh wow! I'd love to be able to play the guitar.

Gosh - I think we've got a SAF band right here! :)

Queenie said...

I can still play Men of Harlech on the recorder. Don't think that'll help much with the SAF band though ;-)