Sunday, 27 March 2011

Day 27 - 30 Day Music Challenge

A song that you wish you could play.

I'm going to change this to 'a song I wish I could sing' instead. In fact I'd just like to be able to sing full stop but if I could be in a band for just one day - and be an amazing lead singer - I'd love to get up and sing this...

'Hallelujah' - KD Lang singing Leonard Cohen (was tempted to play the Jeff Buckley version but everyone know that version and KD Lang does have a magnificent voice and this version gives me goosebumps!)



How about you? What would you love to sing if you could?

7 comments:

Bernadette said...

I can actually sing lots of songs, but none of them well enough to perform - and anyway I get too nervous.

But I'd love to be able to play the sax bit from Baker Street.

womagwriter said...

Oh, I am with you on the kd lang version of Hallelujah. It is simply amazing.

I would like to be able to sing. Full stop. I have a terrible voice. I would like to be able to play jazz piano.

Quillers said...

This is the best version of Hallelujah! Her voice is sublime.

I picked Beethoven's Moonlight Sonata for mine. It is so haunting.

Bernadette said...

Sally, my story about Moonlight Sonata is in the current PF Spring Special - so you can tell it's one of my favourites too!

Cally said...

Bernadette - Why do I get the feeling you COULD sing well enough to perform! :)

Womag - It is isn't it. An amazing version. I'd LOVE to be able to sing.

Quillers - That's a lovely piece of music.

Queenie said...

I'd like to be able to play Parisienne Walkways on the guitar.

Bernadette said...

I have sung in choirs, Cally, just not on my own. So I can hold a tune but I don't have the strength of voice for solo singing - I leave that to my sister!

Anyway, I would be far too nervous (I actually sang through the whole of the Messiah at the Barbican standing on one leg as the other one wouldn't stop shaking.)