Tuesday, 29 March 2011

Day 29 - 30 Day Music Challenge

A song from your childhood...

When I think about songs from my childhood the first thing I think about is my parents' record collection. They weren't huge fans of music - still aren't - but they did have Blondie's Parallel Lines, an early Beatles album and a few 60s/70s compilations so, when I was old enough to be allowed near the record player, that's what I'd listen to.

Songs from my childhood also makes me think about TV theme tunes. I must have watched a hell of a lot of Saturday morning TV (it was the highlight of my week!) because I'm having a tough time choosing just one song. I had loads of favourite programmes as a kid but my top five would have to be Blue Peter, The Adventure Game, Number 73, Why Don't You and this programme...



Love it!

How about you?

5 comments:

Bernadette said...

Many to choose from but top spot has to go to the theme tune from 'The Good, the Bad and the Ugly'.

It was the first single I ever bought, aged about 10 I think, and my friend Michelle and I developed a fantastic dance routine to go with it - a la Pan's People - which we insisted on performing to my parents and their friends. Oh, for the days when self-conscious had no meaning!

womagwriter said...

My first ever single - Middle of the Road's Chirpy Chirpy Cheep Cheep.

Queenie said...

Well as my parents only liked classical music and I didn't have my own record player until I was 17, the song I remember most clearly from my childhood was one my dad used to sing every time we went anywhere by car: 'We're off, we're off, we're off in a motor car, fifty bobbies are after us and we don't know where we are.' No idea why.

womagwriter said...

Queenie! Would love to hear that sung!

Ruth Saberton said...

I loved Rentaghost and nearly died of excitement when Ethel and Harold Meeker and Dobbin filmed a scene in my local park. TV was so much better in the good old seventies!