Thursday, 3 March 2011

Day 3 - 30 Day Song Challenge

The question today is: Which song makes you happy?

Tricky!

Most of my music collection is fairly miserable to be honest. No. Not miserable...

Chilled?

Down beat?

Anyway, I don't have much happy happy joy joy stuff (although I did put together 6 hours worth of songs for a mate's wedding reception last year so there's definitely some joyful stuff about) so working out which tune is my favourite 'happy song' is tricky. I listen to the radio a fair bit in the morning and can often be found bouncing about the kitchen, or in my chair, when certain songs come on. The trouble is I've never gone to the trouble of writing them down.

I thought about listing '9-5' by Dolly Parton as my favourite happy song. Or 'Brown Eyed Girl' by Van Morrisson. Or something by Bob Marley.

Instead I decided to go with this which makes me feel happy in a chilled, all is right with the world, kind of way rather than a dancing, bouncing kind of way.

It's called 'This Love' and it's by Craig Armstrong. Enjoy!



Over to you - which song makes you feel happy?

8 comments:

Colene Murphy said...

Oh, that is a pretty one! I can't think of one happy song right now, but I do love the ones that can brighten your day!

womagwriter said...

Bright side of the road, by Van the man.

And lots of other songs but that one comes to mind right now!

Bernadette said...

A recent advert has reminded me of how happy-making this one is - "Listen to the Music" by the Doobie Brothers (them again - I'm showing my age!).

I've got it playing as I type and I'm singing along - which I do a lot but not usually this early in the morning.

Karen said...

Bernadette that's so WEIRD as that's exactly the song I was going to choose! Also The Bellamy Brothers Let Your Love Flow :o)

Bernadette said...

I like that one too, Karen. They're actually quite similar, aren't they?

Cally said...

Colene - glad you like it!

Womag - I do love a bit of Van the Man. For such a grumpy old gig he can write some really uptempo tunes!

Bernadette - I don't know that song, will look it up!

Karen - ditto!

Captain Black said...

Never give up on the good times by the Spice Girls.
It's not all progressive rock with me, you know ;o)

Queenie said...

Summer Breeze by the Isley Brothers.