Monday, 18 April 2011

The copy edits are back!

Just as I suspected - the second I started my 2 week Easter holiday (during which I'd planned on starting 'Project B') the copy edits for my second novel plopped into my inbox! There are only 2.5 pages and most of the queries are easily answered, but the timeline questions are already making my head melt! Still, the sooner I get on with them the sooner I can start Project B and I so can't wait to start writing something new.

Talking of Project B, the other day I put a call out on Facebook and Twitter for any physics experts to get in touch as I needed some research questions answering and was astounded by how many people offered to help. Honestly, you can knock social networking all you like but there are some really kind, helpful people out there - not least Dorothy Koomson who offered to ask her scientist husband my questions and then rang me up to tell me what he'd said! Superstars, both of them.

In other news I found out yesterday that foreign rights to 'Heaven Can Wait' have been sold to a publishing company in Vietnam. That's eleven foreign versions now - I'm incredibly lucky.

What else...what else? Are you missing my music-related blogging? (what do you mean no?!) Well here's a fun music meme I just saw on Nik's blog. Feel free to play along in the comments.

So, here’s how it works:

1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that’s playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
6. Don’t lie and try to pretend you’re cool…because you’re not!
7. Stick the soundtrack on your mp3 player and listen away during the day.

Opening Credits – Happy & Bleeding, PJ Harvey
Waking Up – Richard Cory, Simon & Garfunkel
First Day at School – Ballard of the Beaconsfield Miners, Foo Fighters
Falling in Love – Hypnotize, Audioslave
Fight Song – Rolling in the Deep, Adele
Breaking Up – Feiticeira, Deftones
Prom/Dance/Ball – Mrs Robinson, Simon & Garfunkel
Life's OK – Yellow, Coldplay
Mental Breakdown – Accident, Rachael Yamagata

Flashback – Brazen, Skunk Anansie
Getting Back Together
– Dark Shines, Muse
Birth of Child
–Headlights, Snow Patrol
Wedding
– Falling in Love With You, Imelda May
Final Battle
– The Lady is a Tramp, Ella Fitzgerald
Funeral Song
– Standing on my Own Again, Graham Coxon
End Credits –Falling, Nitin Sawhney

3 comments:

Karen said...

Dorothy Koomson, Project B and Vietnam? It's all too exciting :o))

mmshaunakelley said...

This is lots of exciting stuff... I am in awe and massively impressed that you only had 2.5 pages of copyedits!

Cally said...

Karen - It is. Apart from the copy edits, they're not quite so much fun!

MMShauna - Thanks! I'm hugely relieved!