Wednesday, 10 August 2011

If a new front cover makes a writer's heart sing...

...mine is burbling along to Stevie Wonder's 'Isn't she lovely'!

I know I'm biased but what a lovely cover for my second novel!

'Home for Christmas' is set in Brighton and Hove and this could SO be one of the lovely squares in Hove. AND my name in sparkles in the sky looks a lot like the Flash animation I created for my website (www.callytaylor.co.uk). Clever Orion designers :)

Roll on 10th November (publication day), I can't wait to see it in the shops!

What do you think?

P.s. Thanks for all the comments on my plotting becoming procrastination post yesterday. I hit my target for the day & wrote 2,058 words. Haven't written a single word today - better get on with it!

15 comments:

Niki M said...

That is just gorgeous Callie. Here's to a Christmas number one for you :) xx

Karen said...

It looks really lovely - can't wait to read it :o) And I know what I'll be buying my Mum for Christmas now!

Cally said...

Cheers Niki! A Christmas number one would be amazing *dreams*

Karen - thank you! If you'd like a signed nameplate (a sticker thing that says 'signed by the author') just drop me an email with your mum's name, any dedication you'd like & your address & I'll pop one in the post.

Same goes for anyone reading this! If you wanted a free signed nameplate to stick in either of my books just drop me an email !

Mama J said...

Gorgeous cover. I love Christmas so I think this will be on the reading list.

Cally said...

Thanks Mama J, that's really nice of you

Marsha said...

Gorgeous, Cally. I love it!

I'd love to have you come on my blog around your release time, if you have time! :)

Talli Roland said...

Oh, oops! That was supposed to be from my Talli account - I can't keep my identities straight!

Chris Stovell said...

Big Fat Awwwwwww! It's lovely, Cally - and I love seeing your name sparkling across it. Hope it flies for Christmas.

Cally said...

Talli - I'd love to, thanks lots! Maybe do a giveaway or something? Be great!

Chris - Thank you! Makes all the blood sweat and tears worth it/a distant memory. A bit like childbirth... apparently! ;)

Carolyn Jess-Cooke said...

that's gorgeous, Cally!! Hoping for a Christmas No. 1!!

liz fenwick said...

It's fabulous...it's I just have to have it cover cover. Can't wait.
lx

Cally said...

Carolyn - Things like that don't happen to me, but that won't stop me dreaming!

Liz - Thank you! :)

womagwriter said...

It's lovely! Can't wait to read it either. Might ask one of my boys to buy it for me for Christmas. I love that it is set in Brighton, too, being a one-time Brightonian.

Suz Korb said...

That is sooooooooo pretty! :)

Cally said...

Thanks womag! Hope you recognise some of the places I mention. A lot of the pubs and restaurants featured are called by their real names!

Suz - thanks, pleased you think so :)