Saturday, 13 August 2011

Well that was knackering...

...but I did it!

10,189 words this week (2,000+ words a day for 5 days).

I had to work hard to get 2,000 words down after I met Sophie and Louisa from Orion for lunch on Thursday (SO fancied slumping on the sofa with a film) but I did it. We talked about promotion for Home for Christmas (there's going to be a great Facebook competition to celebrate publication week in November so make sure you 'like' me there if you want to be kept in the loop - www.facebook.com/CallyTaylorAuthor) and they were really enthusiastic about the marketing ideas I'd come up with. So really it's my own fault that I've got a bunch of other stuff to write/organise as well as 60,000 words of Project B to draft in the next six weeks!

Anyway Project B is definitely a dirty first draft at the moment and it'll need a hell of a lot of editing before I'll be happy showing it to anyone, but it's great watching the story unfold under my hand and I've already been surprised by one cliffhanger I didn't see coming.

Now to relax until Monday when I start the next 10,000 words!

10,189 / 70,000 (14%)

How's your writing week been?

4 comments:

Debs Carr said...

A great weeks work, well done you.

Annabel Banks said...

Good work- all that and a blog post too!

Cally said...

Thanks Debs and Annabel!

Chris Stovell said...

Cor! I'm impressed and very heartened by reading about your achievements. I've been faffing about a bit waiting for the report on Book 2 so it's time I got my act together!