Monday, 12 September 2011

Bookmarks, business cards and blogs...






Sorry about the lack of updates recently, I'm not sure where time has gone but it seems to have developed a magical 'speeding up' quality which means there just don't seem to be enough hours in the day at the moment.

The stitches in my thumb came out a couple of weeks ago - and I now have an impressive zig zag scar that I have to massage several times a day - but I still have the thumb splint on. It'll remain on for a few more weeks until my physio starts but I'm kind of getting used to it. I've even taught myself how to crossstitch with my right hand (it's slow going though!)

Talking of the 'thumb incident' it's definitely impeded my progress with Project B. Instead of being about 60-70% of the way through as planned, I've only written 25% of the first draft (17,661 words / 70,000). That said, considering I'm typing up the 12,000 or so words I wrote by hand before my accident as well as writing new words AND I have to keep taking breaks when my thumb swells up, I'm not doing too badly.

I've also been ploughing on with my Home for Christmas promo work, including making some bookmarks and business cards online and organising a very small blog tour to celebrate publication day (10th November). The business cards are from Moo.com and I love them, despite the fact I didn't quite get the left and right margins to match! The bookmarks are from Stressfreeprint.co.uk and they're great but not really weighty enough to be long lasting bookmarks, they're more like slim flyers! If anyone knows a good, cheap online place for decent bookmarks do please let me know!

What else? Well...Top Secret Project is due to launch very, very soon and all work on ProjectB and Home for Christmas will temporarily stop when that kicks off. Sorry to be so cloak and dagger about it but I'm the superstitious sort and it's all very exciting and nerve wracking at the same time. Watch this space - I'll reveal all in the next few weeks...



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

6 comments:

B said...

Glad to hear things are going well!
Very excited for the new project :)

Chris Stovell said...

I'm amazed you've managed any writing with everything that's going on. Big pat on the back for you! Sending you every good wish for the Project Top Secret.

Cally said...

B & Chris -thanks ladies! :)

womagwriter said...

You've done really well to get that amount of writing done. Hope the scar heals and fades quickly, and best of luck for The Next Big Thing (hope not too big...)

liz fenwick said...

You amaze me...a poorly thumb and you're still getting all that done! Pat yourself on the back!
lx

Sarah*G* said...

Looking forward to reading your next book. I'm going to pre-order it on Amazon as it would be a rather long trek back to the UK to buy it. I hope your Top Secret project continues to progress nicely. I am sure it will even though I have no idea what it is. Well, not 100% anyway.