Friday, 28 October 2011

Do you remember the first time?

Thanks for all the great comments on the 'Home for Christmas' book trailer. I co-wrote it with a friend (and Orion filmed it) and I was curious how it would be received. I know book trailers aren't for everyone but, after seeing a talk about online marketing and trailers at the RNA conference this summer, I thought I'd give it a go. It made me laugh anyway!

I'm curious, what do you guys think of book trailers? Do you think they are effective marketing? Spoil a book? A waste of time? Would you want one for your book?

Back to the tried and tested promotional route today - I'm guest blogging over on Talli Roland's fabulous blog about the first time I (rather than Beth) heard those '3 little words' for the first time. I had to wait longer than you might think...

http://talliroland.blogspot.com/2011/10/everyone-says-i-love-you-except-to-me.HTML


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

4 comments:

Mr Lonely said...

walking here with a smile. take care.. have a nice day ~ =D

Regards,
http://www.lonelyreload.com (A Growing Teenager Diary) ..

B said...

I don't like a lot of them but I actually really liked yours! It was really intriguing and made me want to read.

Captain Black said...

I've rarely seen a trailer that's inspired me to buy the book. All too often they are pedestrian slide shows with seemingly irrelevant images and sleep-inducing background music.

Yours is an exception.

Cally said...

Thanks Mr Lonely!

B - Aw, cheers B, you say all the right things! :)

Captain - Aw, you flatterer you! Seriously, thank you.