Thursday, 13 October 2011

Me, Mr Metal, the Spudling & our little bubble







First off I'd like to thank everyone for their congrats, emails, messages, cards, flowers & presents. Mr Metal* and I have been overwhelmed by the excited, delighted response to our news and we can't thank you enough for adding to the magic of the Spudling's** birth.

Becoming a little family really is the most wonderful thing in the world and, nearly two weeks after he was born, we're still marvelling over every sound and facial expression our tiny son makes. And don't get me started on his farts, they make us howl with laughter every time. How can something so tiny make such a loud noise?!

For the last two weeks Mr Metal, the Spudling and I have lived in the most amazing bubble and we'd be tempted to stay here forever if it weren't for real life knocking at the door. Mr Metal has to go back to work in 2 weeks time (yes, we're uber lucky that he gets to spend a whole month with us) and my second novel, Home for Christmas, is out on 10th November.

When Heaven Can Wait came out in 2009 I pulled out all the stops to promote it but this time around my injured thumb (which is nearly fully recovered thank goodness) and my new status as 'mum' (aka the milk machine!) means that my ability to get involved in lots of PR and marketing has been limited. I have been involved in a few marketing ideas - including something chicklitreviews will be exclusively debuting at the end of this month, a writers space feature for Novelicious, some competitions I'll be running from my Facebook page and a tiny blog tour - but that's it. I haven't had time to write articles or stories for the press and there won't be a launch party or any signings. The thing is I really need this book to be a success if I'm to stand a chance of getting a second two book deal, especially in this worrying 'are chicklit sales on the downturn?' time and I'm running out if time and feasible ideas.

So....

I was wondering if you could help?

The tagline of the book is 'all she wants for Christmas is three little words' and I thought it would be wonderful if, on 10th November, as many bloggers as possible could blog 'All I want for Christmas is...' and then something you want this year, or when you were a child, or a great (or terrible!) Christmas memory. And if you could end your post with an image of Home for Christmas, the blurb and a link to Amazon that would be amazing!

If you'd like to get involved please comment on this post or email/tweet me and I'll post the image/blurb/link nearer the time.

But for now there's a beautiful little boy who's wailing for a feed so time for me to take off my author hat and put my mummy one back one. I like the way it looks! :)



* my boyfriend used to be the lead singer in a signed heavy metal band but now has a much more sensible job!
** My nickname for baby on this blog because I thought my pregnant bump looked more like a potato than a beach ball!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

15 comments:

Tom Conoboy said...

Hey Cally, many congratulations to you and Mr Metal on your new writer/musician of the future.

Is it really two years since Heaven Can Wait came out? I'll be happy to put something on my blog on November 10 if you give me details nearer the time.

Hope it goes well - the book and the baby....

Jen said...

More than happy to do a bloggy whatnot for you on 10th...

However, I think you should delete that second photo. Honestly - must you always look so Hollywood perfect? It really is too much for us ordinary mortals to bear ;0)

X

Cally said...

Tom - that would be brilliant, thanks so much. Yeah, I can't believe Heaven Can Wait came out two years ago. Time has flown!

Jen - ooh, thank you lovely, really appreciate it. And thanks for the lovely comment but honestly, it's all down to make up, angle and very forgiving black and white!

Mama J said...

It's nearly three years since my youngest was born and I still look like poo :-P

I'd be more than happy to put a post on my blog. I don't have a great deal of followers but every little helps as Tesco say.

B said...

Do me a favour and post on my fb a couple of days before - I'll never remember otherwise :)

Also - I bet my wish for this christmas is pretty much the same as yours - a lovely first christmas for my gorgeous baby boy!

(and D had a month off with us too - 2 weeks paternity 2 weeks leave - it was amazing but it's heartbreaking for all concerned when they have to go back to work :( )

Karen said...

I'd love to be involved too, Cally :o)

Those lovely photos are making me nostalgic for when mine were babies ...

Cally said...

Mama J, B, Karen - thanks ever so much ladies I REALLY appreciate your support/help x

Cally said...

B - I am ridiculously excited about Christmas this year now our little man is here. I know it won't mean much to him, apart from a fascination with the tree lights maybe, but there are two families who are going to spoil him rotten!

Mama - I'm sure that's not true!

Karen - Awww, am trying to cherish every moment, despite the sleepless nights.

liz fenwick said...

Count me in :-)

Your little bundle looks gorgeous!
lx

flatbag said...

Hi Cally, I will do my very best to do the linkage, my blog is rubbish, with no one following it and my being unsavvy, to say the least, in the blogging department, but all that is set to change with my own top secret project (which is nowhere near as exciting as yours!)So, hopefully people WILL actually see it on my blog and it won't be futile! Oh... and we're related so it is my humble family duty. Our children are second cousins, huzzah!

Beth Kemp said...

Awww, congrats - he's gorgeous. I'll put a link, pic and blurb on my blog on the 10th for you, with an 'All I Want For Christmas' post. Sounds like fun!

womagwriter said...

I'll blog for you on 10th - sounds like a great idea!

Might need a tiny reminder but will do my best...

Cally said...

Liz -!that's really lovely of you thanks ever so much

Cally said...

Flat bag - hello! Always lovely to meet one of Mr Metal's relatives! And another blogger too :) Cheers for getting involved with promoting HfC, really appreciate it x

Cally said...

Beth -ooh you are lovely, thanks tons

Womag -and you're lovely too! Will blog areminder nearer the time. Am still thinking of a guest post I can do for you separately. Will be in touch soon x