Thursday, 3 November 2011

The 'All I Want for Christmas' blog launch of 'Home for Christmas'

Back in this post I mentioned that I'm not having a launch party for my second novel because of the small squally person that appeared in my life 4 weeks and 5 days ago and I barely have time to get dressed these days never mind pull off a swanky do! Instead I've asked if bloggers would like to join me in posting an 'All I want for Christmas' blog post on publication day (10th November). So far the following very lovely people have said they'll join in:

Tom Conoboy
Jen
Mama J
B
Karen
Liz Fenwick
Flatbag
Beth Kemp
Womag Writer

And, with massive thanks to Shaz (Shazjera) who featured me on the 'Secret Squirrel' feature on her blog the following have said they'll join in too:

Dizzy C
Ananda (Books to Remember)
Rea Book Review
Amanda (One More Page)
Sarah Broadhurst Reviews

Update (5th November). The following lovely people have offered to join in too. Thank you all!

Jenny (tea stains)
Shaz's book boudoir
Little Me's Pint Sized Rants
Ellen Brickley's Pink Tea and Paper
The Writing Pad
Captain Black
Suzy Doodling
Suz Korb
Sarah G

If you'd like to get involved just leave me a comment here or an email and, on 10th November, I'll link to all the blogs involved. To join in just blog on 10th November with the title 'All I want for Christmas' and blog about what you want this year or you could blog about the best (or worst!) present you've ever received or any other Christmas tale you want to share. I can't wait to read them all! If you could insert the cover, blurb and Amazon link for 'Home for Christmas' at the end that would be wonderful.

Here's the blurb, cover etc:



Beth Prince has always loved fairytales and now, aged twenty-four, she feels like she's finally on the verge of her own happily ever after. She lives by the seaside, works in the Picturebox - a charming but rundown independent cinema - and has a boyfriend who's so debonair and charming she can't believe her luck! There's just one problem - none of her boyfriends have ever told her they love her and it doesn't look like Aiden's going to say it any time soon. Desperate to hear 'I love you' for the first time Beth takes matters into her own hands - and instantly wishes she hadn't. Just when it seems like her luck can't get any worse, bad news arrives in the devilishly handsome shape of Matt Jones. Matt is the regional director of a multiplex cinema and he's determined to get his hands on the Picturebox by Christmas. Can Beth keep her job, her man and her home or is her romantic-comedy life about to turn into a disaster movie?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Home-Christmas-Cally-Taylor/dp/1409121585/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1320347388&sr=1-1

In other news, @Keris and @HelenRedders told me on Twitter that 'Home for Christmas' is featured in RED magazine's pick of festive reads. They call it a 'Cinderella tale' which I love!

Here's the scan Helen took:

Http://yfrog.com/o0mrgvzj


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

16 comments:

Cally said...

P.s. If you're joining in and I've accidentally left you off the list do shout and I'll include you x

Suzanne Korb said...

I'll do a blog post for you on mine if you want! :)

Cally said...

Suz -wicked, cheers loads! X

Mama J said...

Looking forward to this and can't wait to see what everyone else posts.

Jenny Beattie said...

I'd be most happy to join in! Jjx

Sharon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sharon said...

Happy to do a blog post although I'm only just learning the ropes on blogging and posting and haven't any followers.

Have had a few views but think it's mainly from friends lol

LittleMe said...

Happy to join in too...

Ellen Brickley said...

I'd like to sign up, my blog is at http://ellenbrickley.blogspot.com

Looking forward to it!

the writing pad said...

Hi - I'd love to have a go - and I just might make my post recommended reading for certain members of my family, too :-)

Captain Black said...

I'm in. Even got my blog post (half) prepared.

Cally said...

Jenny - thanks loads, really appreciate it x

Sharon - Hopefully you'll have some followers once I've linked to you. Thank you! :)

LittleMe - That's very kind of you, thank you

Ellen - Brilliant, thanks so much

The Writing Pad - What a brilliant idea! :) Thank you

Captain Black - You star, cheers!

Cally said...

Mama J - Me too! :)

B said...

Am going to do it from the watching geordie life blog if that's OK? Will tweet the blog post that way which should get more viewers :)

http://watchinggeordielife.blogspot.com

suzy doodling said...

Hi Cally,
Could you add me to your list please. The book looks good.

Mama J said...

My blog post is ready and scheduled to post on Thursday morning x