Tuesday, 1 November 2011

Sleep is for the weak*...

Not long now until 'Home for Christmas' is published (10th November) and I'm counting the days - partly because I'm excited (of course) and partly because I'd really like to have a go at the whole 'sleep when the baby sleeps' thing. Instead I'm going for the 'answer interviews, arrange online promotion and send out review copies while the baby sleeps' alternative which is a damned sight more exhausting (god I'm tired!). If I can cross one thing off my 'to do' list each day I see it as a real accomplishment and if I manage two I'm over the moon!

I'm particularly pleased with myself today as I got all Mel's questions answered (for an interview that'll appear on the High Heels and Book Deals blog later this month) AND I confirmed the details of a competition being run in collaboration with the Duke of Yorks cinema in Brighton (the inspiration behind the 'PictureBox' cinema in 'Home for Christmas'). Oh, and I made dinner too! ;)

Thank you to everyone who's stuck their hand in the air & said they'll blog 'All I want for Christmas' (see one of my previous posts) on 10th November to help promote HfC - I really appreciate it!

Now excuse me while I pass out (baby allowing...)

* I am weak, I admit it! I miss sleep...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

5 comments:

Mama J said...

I remember the lack of sleep (and was stupid enough to go through it twice) and I didn't have a book about to be released and promotion to do at the same time. If I was a hat-wearing type of person, I'd take it off to you.

Suzanne Korb said...

Ah sleep, the most coveted of missed moments only a new mother can enjoy. Enjoy? No, but must endure *_*

liz fenwick said...

Cally - I feel for you. Those memories of exhaustion even after all these years are just below the surface. If you want the name of a seriously good multi- vitiam email me. Post is scheduled for the 10th over at Just Keep writing...

hang in there and keep snuggling.
lx

Cally said...

Mama J - am guessing that, like childbirth, the memory of the sleep deprivation fades which is why people have more than one!

Suzanne - endure is definitely the right word! Though so worth it for the gorgeous gummy smile I get in the morning!

Liz - snuggling as we speak! (hooray for one handed typing on the iPad.) thanks so much for joining in the Christmas blog posting - looking forward to reading it :)

Kelly said...

Oh I miss sleep too. Although you do adjust and I definitely need less that I used to.