Thursday, 1 December 2011

The curious case of the lesser spotted novel

Actually 'Home for Christmas' has been spotted loads! In ASDA, Sainsbury and WHSmiths everywhere from Brighton to Rochdale, Exmouth to Manchester, Cambridge to Northumberland, Poole to Bristol - pretty much everywhere it seems! I went in search of it with Spudling the other day and was delighted to find it at #18 in the local (Bristol) Sainsbury's branch and out of the 10 copies that should have been on the shelf only 3 were left. Result! (Am assuming the other 7 weren't shoplifted!).

I even heard it was sold out in the Brighton Marina branch of ASDA and that a campaign was set up to email the branch to demand more copies! Well, it IS set in Brighton...

I absolutely LOVE it when people send me photos of their spottings, particularly when there are other people in them! Here's a selection. If you spot it anywhere do snap a pic, I'd love to see it (email to calistrowriter@googlemail.com).




7 comments:

Debs Carr said...

Great pictures, which reminds me I must get my copy.x

Cally said...

Debs - just looking at them makes me grin!

womagwriter said...

Fab photos!

Karen said...

How lovely :o) Especially the empty shelf!

I saw someone reading the back cover in Asda last week and couldn't resist saying, "I've just read that, it's really good," and she smiled and said she liked the sound of it and put it in her basket.

I drew the line at stalking her to the till to make sure she bought it though!

Cally said...

Karen - you're a star for doing that. Thank you!

Woman -cheers :)

Jen Daiker said...

OMIGOSH You wrote that novel??? I don't know if I've ever been to your blog but I ADORED YOUR BOOK! It was the perfect holiday read! I even bought one for my sister-in-law (she trusts my book judgement)! I'm a sucker for covers too and yours was amazing!!!

Cally said...

Jen - what a lovely thing to say. So glad you enjoyed it x