Saturday, 25 February 2012

Two more fabulous competitions (one flash fiction/one chicklit)

The first is a flash fiction competition to win a place on a short story workshop run by Vanessa Gebbie (if there's anyone who knows short fiction it's Vanessa. Not only has she had an anthology published, she's edited a non fiction book on the subject AND won more competitions than you could shake a stick at) at Anam Cara writing retreat in Ireland. It's a fabulous place, I've been twice (and blogged about it here) and got LOADS done (it's magical like that) and Sue the owner makes the yummiest food. Then there's the scenery - utterly breathtaking.

Anyway, if I've wetted your appetite you HAVE to enter the competition run by writing.ie

Here's the blurb:

Write us a 250-word short fiction piece (and email it in by midnight 22 March) and you could win a place in the Anam Cara "Short Fiction: So Much More Than It Seems..." workshop retreat led by Vanessa Gebbie, award-winning short story writer, scheduled for the week of 9-15 June 2012.

More details here:

http://writing.ie/for-readers/competitions-and-giveaways.html

The second competition is being run by excellent women's fiction review website Novelicious and it's a search to find the next great chicklit author with some money can't buy prizes.

They want the first 3,000 words of your chicklit novel. The closing date is 3rd April

Full details here:

http://www.novelicious.com/noveliciousundiscovered2012.html

Good luck!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

3 comments:

Jenni_Nolan said...

Hi there,
I've enjoyed reading your blog posts and I have added your link to my blog. I wonder whether you might do the same for me? I feel awfully cheeky, but hey we don't get if we don't ask.

http://abstractblueberrysky.blogspot.com

Thanks,
Jen x

Deborah (Debs) Carr said...

Thank you for posting about the wonderful Novelicious competition. I wish I could enter it!

Fi said...

I've just tagged you on the Lucky 7 Meme challenge on my blog - http://fionajphillips.blogspot.co.uk/2012/03/lucky-7-challenge.html