Monday, 10 December 2012

Could you write 100,000 words in 100 days?

I'm planning on giving it a go!

Author Sally Quilford has set up a Facebook page challenging fellow writers to join her in writing 100,000 words in 100 days. The start date is 1st January 2013 and the challenge ends on 10th April.

To find out more, and sign up, go here and ask to join the group:

100k in 100 days Facebook group

And for more details go here:

Sally's blog

Once I've finished editing novel 3 (I'm pruning it to get it down to 100,000 words) I'm going to spend the rest of December plotting novel 4 and drawing up some character profiles so I'm ready to go on 1st Jan.

I'm embarrassed to admit I haven't written anything new since my maternity leave ended at the beginning of September and, although I'm itching to start novel 4, I've found it impossible to find the time to write. We recently bought a house and organising that, working full time and looking after the Spudling (now 14 months old and toddling about like a drunken John Wayne!) only leaves a few hours a night to sleep and very little else. I also need to start exercising again and I'm determined to find a way to work out 3x a week AND write 1,000 words a day.

How?

I'll reveal all soon...

4 comments:

Deborah Carr (Debs) said...

I'm looking forward to taking part and writing 100,000 words in 100 days.

I don't know how you're fitting everything in to your days at the moment.x

D..J. Kirkby said...

You mean you have figured out how to do all of that? I am looking forward to the big reveal, and I will be writing alongside you in the 100k in 100 days challenge. Eeeeek!

Mindy said...

That's great! I'm glad you have such a success run with your published book! I'll check it out. :) Also, can I ask for advice? How many words does a novel have to be exactly and how many pages? I've been writing for a long time and looking to publish my supernatural novel when I finish it, so loads of advice will be great.

PS: I'm following you and will definitely try out this 100,000 words in 100 days thing. Sounds exciting!

www.sksainitheauthor.blogspot.com

Bambi Zola said...

Cally Taylor-even though I guess I'm a little young to read your novel 'home for Christmas' I truly did enjoy it! I loved it how Beth...to me was just a normal typical person who had a tendency to get herself in awkward situations! It was very funny and silently cringey-(in a good way!) I want to be a writer...like you when I'm older...please have a look at my blog?
http://fake-bambi.blogspot.co.uk/
it's mostly stories I wrote with a bit of song writing in...please look?