Monday, 13 May 2013

I've been cheating on you, I'm sorry (want to run away with me?)

Cheating on you with another blog, that is.

I've started one up on Wordpress so I can blog as my psychological suspense alter ego CL Taylor. It's here:

http://cltaylorauthor.wordpress.com

If you pop over there now you can take a peek at my new 'dark' author photos and vote on which one you like best!

Google Reader is going to be discontinued in July which means that the 337 of you (last time I checked) that subscribe to this blog using that service will stop seeing updates when I add new posts. There are other blog readers out there (I haven't investigated them yet) but my agent uses Wordpress and I like how you can subscribe to receive an email update whenever she adds a new blog post so thought I'd move blogging platforms and kill two birds with one stone.

As you've probably noticed I only blog about once or twice a month so if you do follow me to http://cltaylorauthor.wordpress.com and sign up for the email updates (the form is towards the top right of the page) you'll only receive a couple of emails a month.

I'll still blog here occasionally but, increasingly, I'll be putting my CL Taylor hat on and blogging about writing, and being published in, a new genre so sign up over there if you don't want to miss anything.

Cally 'chicklit' Taylor hasn't completely been abandoned, however. I've got a story called 'Mr Lover Lover' in Belinda Jones's 'Sunlounger' anthology (available on Kindle in July) and I've got an author page up on the terrific http://www.va-va-vacation.com/cally-taylor website she's set up for the launch. Click on the link if you'd like to find out where I set my story and what my worst ever holiday romance involved.

Hopefully see you over on my other blog. I'll be the one looking all dark and menacing!

5 comments:

Awen said...

Well I don't like that you have been cheating on me.... But I do like that I can runaway with you... I don't like that I found out about the 'other one' before you confessed... But I do like that you are using word press... I like that my blog is also on Wordpress so you have made it easier for us to be together :D *chuckle. Best of luck Cally . I shall be watching out for the new novels.

Captain Black said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Captain Black said...

Google reader, google schmeader. RSS is the way forward – http://cltaylorauthor.wordpress.com/feed/

Cally Taylor said...

Awen - Hooray, we both live under the same blogging plaform umbrella!

Captain - Do I need to publish that on my new blog somewhere? How do I subscribe to other blog's RSS feeds? What if they don't advertise them? How do I organise them? *clueless*

Captain Black said...

The feed links are sometimes in the "meta" section of the side-bar. If not, then I think some WordPress themes let you add RSS subscription links there. I dunno if that's true with "Twenty Ten". Try having a look in: dashboard > appearance > widgets. You might be able to drag the RSS widget to your side-bar.

To get feeds from others' WordPress blogs, have a look on their side-bars. If the links aren't there, you can guess the URLs, which are usually along the lines of:

http://name-of-blog.wordpress.com/feed/
http://name-of-blog.wordpress.com/comments/feed/

Organisation of feeds tends to be browser-specific and I don't think Chrome even supports RSS at all, though there might be a plug-in for that.