Friday, 14 June 2013

It's nearly the 1st July...

...which is when Google Reader shuts its doors forever. I'm subscribed to hundreds of blogs and, as I haven't got a great memory at the best of times, I knew I'd forget the names/URLs of the fast majority unless I moved to a new reader.

Which is why I've just moved to www.feedly.com It took, literally, seconds. You log in with your Google account details and it imports all the blogs you follow. That's it, done!

You need to do it before 1st July though or all your data will disappear from Google Reader and there will be nothing to import.

See you on the other side hopefully!

8 comments:

Suzanne Furness said...

I really should do this. Thanks for the reminder.

Scarlet Wilson said...

Cally, I'm feeling thick. How do I know if I'm using google reader or not? Is it attached to blogger?

Mama J said...

Thanks for sharing this. I'm not very techy despite being married to a technology obsessive!

Cally Taylor said...

Suzanne - My pleasure. I only realised because I logged into Google Reader and it reminded me!

Scarlet - Chances are you're not! In order to read blogs on Google Reader you need to go there. Out of curiosity how do you access the blogs you like to read? Is it via bookmarks or links on your site or facebook/twitter links etc?

Mama - My day job is pretty techy but I can be a bit lazy when it comes to personal tech. Hope my suggestion helps.

Sue Guiney said...

Yep. I did it, too. I'm reading this on Feedly right now.

Cally Taylor said...

Sue - good stuff. Feedly seems pretty straight foward so far.

CarmellasJewelry said...

Thanks!!! Awesome to know!

jenna angle said...

Brilliant blog, thank you very much. It seems very well written and I have taken my time to read it thoroughly.

Custom Essay Writing Service
Custom Essay Helps Online
Custom Essay Writing Professional USA
Order Cheap Custom Essay Writing Online