Wednesday, 3 July 2013

Why did switching genres make me buy 180 bags of sweets?




After my second novel, HOME FOR CHRISTMAS, came out I decided to get some promotional bookmarks and business cards made.

When I say 'some' I mean LOADS (I think I may have been swayed by some kind of buy one get 199 free deal!).

I obviously don't network as much as I'd anticipated because I've still got tons left and, now I've switched genres to psychological suspense they're just taking up space in my desk.

So what to do with them?

It's the Romantic Novelists Association conference next weekend and I've always wanted to contribute to the excellent goodie bags they give out so...ta daaa!...I bought 180 bags of sweets and stapled the bookmarks and business cards to them!

I don't imagine they'll convince loads of people to rush out and buy my chicklit books but if it gets my name out there and a few more people follow my blog it'll be worth it. Failing that at least I'm providing a sugar rush for 180 hungover RNA members the day after the gala dinner. Can't wait!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

6 comments:

Tobi Nifesi said...

I love the 'psychological suspense' genre. I'll like to read your book when it comes out.

Rebecca Alexander said...

It sounds like a good idea to me, who doesn't like free sweets!

Cally Taylor said...

Thanks Tobi, that's nice to hear!

Rebecca - hopefully no one!

Cally Taylor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Flowerpot said...

That sounds an excellent idea!

Melinda Brasher said...

Thanks for the marketing idea!