Wednesday, 18 December 2013

A writer's life in photos...

For those of you who don't follow me on Facebook here's a look at what I've been up to since I last blogged...

15th October: I received the artwork that will become the covers of the UK version of my psych suspense novel ('The Accident' out 10th April 2014) and the US version ('Before I Wake' out June 2014) but they haven't been 100% signed off yet so I still can't show them to you!

October 25th: I celebrated my 40th birthday (this tile is a present from my Mum who knows me so well!). We stayed in a gorgeous hotel in London and visited the Natural History Museum followed by lunch in a Michelin starred pub, then off to the Warner Brother Studios in Watford to see the 'Making of Harry Potter' followed by drinks and ribs and chicken with friends in an American BBQ restaurant in London. A busy but amazing day!

October 28th: Quotes from me appeared in Writers' Forum and Writing Magazine in articles by Helen M Hunt on writerly superstitions (I buy charms for my Tiffany bracelet for each book I have published but won't buy them until AFTER the book is published just in case I jinx it) and Clare Mackintosh about alternatives to NaNoWriMo (I suggested reading - lots of reading!).
 
31st October: I carved my first ever pumpkin! (in less than an hour while my son was napping hence its very hacked appearance!)

  
 10th November: I took myself off to a hotel in Taunton for the weekend to rewrite the first two chapters of my second psychological thriller for my editor (for possible inclusion in the back of 'The Accident'). It was very odd staying in a hotel on my own for the weekend but I got LOTS done. I highly recommend it.

  
20th November: I received the UK proofs of 'The Accident' in the post (and the US ones via email).
21st November: I went to Covent Garden to meet with the PR company who will be helping me promote 'The Accident.

1st December: I wrote a blog post for my agent's blog about my son's first Christmas and why I can't remember it. 
 
 4th December: I received copies of the Brazilian version of 'Home for Christmas' (which was published in the UK in 2011).


16th December: I took myself off to Wilko's to raid their stationery department so I can start planning the rewrite of my second psych thriller (work begins in earnest in January).

So that's it! Apologies for  the blog silence over the last few months. I was planning on making something to give away to my newsletter subscribers before Christmas but I just haven't had time. 

Thank you for continuing to read my blog and follow me on Facebook and Twitter this year. I really appreciate all your support and comments. 

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all! May all your dreams come true in 2014.
lots of love
Cally
xx





9 comments:

Wendy's Writing said...

What a wonderful, productive year you've had, Cally - Happy Belated Birthday! You also very kindly provided quotes for my article in Writing Magazine on guest blogging, so thank you. Have a great Christmas and a well earned rest.

Cally Taylor said...

Wendy - Oh of course I did! I actually bought that magazine too, on a train journey and was really chuffed to read it. Must find it and file it away with the others. Thanks so much for asking me to take part. Have a wonderful Christmas. x

Karen said...

Such a busy and exciting year, no wonder you can't remember your son's first Christmas!

Hope you have a wonderful time this festive season, and here's to lots more success in 2014 :o)

Cally Taylor said...

Thanks Karen. It's weird, I haven't written anything 'new' since I finished the first draft of psych suspense novel 2 back in April so feel like I haven't done anything but it looks like that's not strictly true!

Cally Taylor said...

Oh and Merry Christmas and a successful 2014 to you too. X

scott grin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Captain Black said...

Have a great festive break. I'm very much looking forward to reading The Accident.

Samantha Francis said...

Sounds like your making some fantastic work. Hope you keep moving forward.

Hope you have a great Christmas and exciting and successful 2014.

Happy holidays.
xx
Here is my blog Writing Geeks

S. Alex Martin said...

I love seeing blog posts about the whole writing process and the places people go to write. It adds so much to the experience and shows that not all of us are stuck in dark holes like the world believes!

--S. Alex Martin
Get it Write Tonight