Monday, 7 April 2014

Why I'm giving away my short story collection for FREE!



Earlier today I sent an email to my newsletter subscribers (I only send one out once or twice a year. Click here if you'd like to sign up).

In the newsletter I revealed why I wrote THE ACCIDENT and why I decided to make the switch from writing romantic comedies.

I also revealed that, in order to celebrate the publication of THE ACCIDENT on Thursday this week, I've decided to make my short story collection SECRETS AND RAIN free. I've also put the first 3 chapters of THE ACCIDENT at the end as a little sneak peek for anyone who's curious to find out whether the book is for them (there's no preview on Amazon until Thursday).


If you've already bought SECRETS AND RAIN (thank you!) you should be able to update your Kindle to see the extra material. If you haven't you've got until Friday to download it until the price goes up again.

I've had some AMAZING reviews for The Accident from book bloggers and Net Galley reviewers and I'd like to hug you all. I was so, so nervous about this book coming out and to hear how much enjoyment (and terror) you've had from reading it has meant the world to me. (If you go to the Sunlounger 2 party watch out because I might actually hug you for real!). The reason we write - why I write - is to connect with other people emotionally and if I scare or touch or worry or grip my readers I know I've done my job.

I've included a selection of reviews here (apologies to anyone I haven't included yet, do feel free to nudge me on Twitter).

The Accident will be stocked by Tesco (for £1.99 and they should have lots of copies), ASDA and WH Smiths. I would LOVE to see photos of any copies you spot if you felt like tweeting them to me (@callytaylor)

Though I might not thank you straight away! I'm going on holiday to Lanzarote on publication day. It'll be my first beach holiday in 10 YEARS and our first holiday as a family (my son is now 2.5 years old and I'm more than a little scared about how he'll cope with a 4 hour flight!). The plan is to avoid the internet while I'm out there and focus on relaxing for a change (if I was here I'd be refreshing Amazon several times an hour for sure!). Then, when I get back, it's all guns blazing to finish my second draft of my second psychological thriller which is out in 2015 and called LAST GIRL STANDING (I'm currently 50% of the way through).


Thanks so much for reading and for all your support.

Until the next time!

Cally
xx





No comments: